Hours per week: Casual position – 18 hours / week
Duration: Up to approximately 36 months Remuneration: Range from $30/hr (depending on skills and experience)
Grant / Funding: This position is dependent on grant funding.
Location: Central Coast Local Government Area, based at Terrigal
Supervision: The position is under the direction of the General Manager of CCMDC.
Project Description: The Upgrade Project, titled Wonders of the Wreck, involves the implementation of a number of individual projects which will expand and upgrade the existing Marine Discovery Centre to include larger educational and cafe facilities as well as improve the exhibits and operation of the Centre.
Role of Position: The role of the position will be to:
- assist the upgrade project manager to co-ordinate the various project activities,
- prepare and submit monthly project reports,
- prepare and submit monthly claims for funding
- assist with the payment of contractors and the collation of cash flow data and,
- promote the new Marine Discovery Centre.
Essential Requirements are:
- Commitment to the aims and objectives of the CCMDC.
- High level of self motivation, organisational skills and capacity to work unsupervised.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Computer presentation skills including Excel spreadsheets.
- Experience in finance budgeting and project accounting.
- Flexibility to work different weekdays and some weekends.
- Current drivers license; own car with comprehensive third party insurance.
Preferred Requirements are:
- Experience with commercial buildings projects.
- Proven ability to work with the local community.
- Knowledge of marine environments.